Ghost Sighting at Boulderado Hotel

The Hotel Boulderado constructed between the years 1905 and 1908 for a cost of $132,000. Its located at the intersection of 13th and Spruce, this venerable building has seen both good times and bad, and has no shortage of history. As with any hotel, the Boulderado has experienced its share of death. The chloroform suicide notwithstanding, two suicides by gunshot took place there (one on the fire escape), and several deaths occurred due to natural causes.

Investigator Richard Estep was told of a woman in white dress stalking the upper corridors, and of pots and pans moving unaided in the kitchen. While human-shaped figures and strange voices were reported in rooms 302 and 304 – one of them apparently the site of a messy suicide bid in 1924.

Recently, on March 2016, a photographer documenting the big day revealed the chilling presence in a snap from the haunted hotel. A long-haired black figure is seen locking the view of the bride, staring towards the happy couple. Yet nobody was there when the picture was taken, leaving no easy explanation for the sinister presence.


Pic Source:
04:23 | 0 komentar

Alien Cyclops of Sagrada Familia

On August 28, 1963, José Marcos Gomes Vidal (7-year-old) went to play with his friends Fernando and Ronaldo Gualberto at their home in Sagrada Familia, Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Around 7 PM, after eating dinner, the boys went out to the backyard to wash a coffee strainer. While Fernando stood a small distance behind him, José dipped his head and arms into a barrel to collect some water. Suddenly, Fernando noticed a glow coming from the top of an avocado tree. When he looked up, he saw a spherical UFO hovering above the tree’s branches.

The spherical craft, had a pair of antennas on top, was completely transparent. It held four human-like passengers sitting inside, one of whom sat in front of a machine that appeared to be a control panel. The passengers were about six feet tall and dressed in spacesuits. However, they all four had only one eye. Three of them were thin and bald, while the other looked like an overweight woman with blonde hair. 

When Fernando gazed at the sight in awe, the UFO shot out two rays of yellow light. One of the cyclopes then appeared between the lights, slowly floating down onto the ground. Once his boots touched the earth, the creature began to walk toward José, who was completely unaware of what was happening since he was still collecting water. Worried that the cyclops was going to abduct his friend, Fernandos panicked and tackled José. José fell to the ground, and Fernando got back up and faced the cyclops. Now all three boys were aware of their visitor.

Instead of moving any farther, the cyclops moved his head and made hand signals. Its mouth moved and spoke a few sounds that was nothing like the boys ever heard before. The creature then turned around and stared back at the UFO. Fernando, spotting a brick on the ground, picked it up and aimed it at the cyclops. The cyclops suddenly faced the boys again and shot Fernando’s hand with a yellow light from a triangular crest on his chest. Fernando dropped the brick, and all three of the boys became calm and frozen.

The cyclops spent the next few minutes talking to the boys in his language. The boys didn’t understand anything that the cyclops said, but he sounded like he was serious. After pointing one of his fingers at the moon, the cyclops began to walk back toward the UFO. As the cyclops walked away, José asked if he would ever come back. He shook his head affirmatively, plucked a plant from the ground, and then waved his hand at the UFO. The UFO shot out two rays of yellow light again, and the cyclops slowly floated back up into the vehicle. As the boys continued to watch, the UFO flew eastward and disappeared out of their sight.

Source & Pic Source:
23:28 | 0 komentar

The Enigmatic Palpa Lines

The mysterious Palpa Lines are believed to have been created 1000 years prior to the more famous Nazca Lines. It is said that 3000 years ago our ancestors used the flat surface of the mountains and the slopes of the hills to draw huge geometric figures and human representations. Archaeologist today believe that the figures were made to pleased ancient gods, who apparently were believed to control the forces of nature, such as; earthquakes, drought and floods. 
Researchers have been able to identify so far, more than 1600 Palpa Lines and Geoglyphs. These enigmatic figures are a profound mystery and were created by the Paracas people, well-known for their elongated skulls.

The Paracas culture was an Andean society between approximately 800 BCE and 100 BCE, with an extensive knowledge of irrigation and water management. It developed in the Paracas Peninsula, located in what today is the Paracas District of the Pisco Province in the Ica Region of Peru. Most information about the lives of the Paracas people comes from excavations at the large seaside Paracas site, first investigated by the Peruvian archaeologist Julio Tello in the 1920s.

The Palpa lines have not been completely mapped and possibly precede in time the Nazca lines by centuries.

05:02 | 0 komentar

The Dare Stones

The Dare Stones give accounts of what happened to the Lost Colony of Roanoke. They are mainly supposed to have been written by Eleanor White Dare (EWD), who was the daughter of John White and the mother of Virginia Dare, the first child of English descent to be born in North America. Dare Stones have been a part of Brenau University lore since the late 1930s. It is a collection of a large number of engraved rocks that emerged at the height of the Great Depression purporting to solve the mystery of The Lost Colony of Roanoke, a group of settlers on an island off the coast of North Carolina that disappeared without a trace in the late 16th century.

In 1602, another expedition was sent to Roanoke to investigate the disappearance of the settlers. Sir Walter Raleigh appointed Samuel Mace to lead the expedition and, as in the 1590 expedition, weather would drive the searches out of the area before any discoveries could be made. The fate of the “Lost Colony” of Roanoke would remain a mystery until 1937.

In September of that year Louis Hammond, a produce dealer, was hunting hickory nuts near Edenton, North Carolina. He stumbled upon a stone with a strange inscription that he could not identify. He took the stone to Emory University where it was examined by history professor, Dr. Haywood Pearce. Dr. Pearce identified the inscription as being Elizabethan English and determined that the stone was a written record of what had happened to the “Lost Colony”. The stone reads:

“Ananias Dare & Virginia went hence vnto heaven 1591.”
“Anye Englishman Shew John White Govr Via.”

“Father soone After yov goe for Englande we cam hither/ onlie misarie & warretow yeare “Above halfe DeaDe ere tow yeere moore from sickenes beine fovre & twentie/ salvage with mesage of shipp vnto vs/ smal space of time they affrite of revenge rann al awaye/ wee bleeve yt nott you/ soone after ye salvages faine spirts angrie/ suddiane mvrther al save seaven/ mine childe ananias to slaine wth mvch misarie/bvrie al neere fovre myles easte this river vppon smal hil/ names writ al ther on rocke/ pvtt this ther alsoe/ salvage shew this vnto yov & hither wee promise yov to give greate plentie presents E W D”

Debate over the legitimacy of the stones began almost immediately after the appearance of the first stone. Dr. Haywood Pearce, the custodian of the stones, believed that the stones were very real and through research and testing he would prove their authenticity. Dr. Pearce interviewed every person who came forward with the stones and would do comparison testing of the stones and their inscriptions. He would travel to the location of a stone’s discovery and do as much forensic testing as was technologically available to him and he spent a large portion of his time in the Edenton area searching for additional stones and clues.

In 2015, a team of archaeologists, including Fred Willard, and experts in early modern (Shakespearean era) writing from Emory University determined that the first stone was authentic and distinct from the remaining stones which remained questionable.

20:19 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Emerald of Tunguska Event

Lidiya Korshunova, a historian and geologist, said her husband found the 'emerald' after hiking with friends to mark his birthday 35 years ago. The men initially believed his find was 'artificial', some kind of glass, linking it, perhaps, to an abandoned mine nearby. This sample - and another he picked up - were used as decorations in the family fish tank. It was only much later that Lidiya, after reading the papers of Soviet mineralogist and geochemist Vladimir Vernadsky, she began to suspect her aquarium contained something valuable.

Analysis of the 'glass stone' found that compared to ordinary bottle glass it was 7.5 times richer in nickel, 6 times in copper, 20 times in zinc, 3 times in cobalt, 3 times in titanium, and 40 times in chrome. As such, it could not be artificial. Such quantities of minerals have been found in tektites - some of which are also green. These are glassy objects formed as molten debris in meteorite impacts - and scattered widely through the air.

Renowned Russian scientist, Evgeny Dmitriev, formerly a chief specialist for the Russian Space Agency, suggested that this stone was an orbital travelling companion of the Tunguska meteor which exploded over Siberia on 30 June 1908.

Evidently similar stones - but of a much smaller size - have been found at the epicentre of the Tunguska 'event', which flattened more than 2,000 square kilometres (770 square miles) while causing no known casualties.

The place where the stone is found is some 670 km from the epicentre over Tunguska, also in Krasnoyarsk region. Lidya's stone - now exhibited in the closed town of Zelenogorsk, famous for uranium mining - where she lives. It is called Kanskit - after the Kan River.

Source & Pic Source:

06:01 | 0 komentar

Hidden Whale Revealed In Dutch Painting

Two years ago, when the conservator Shan Kuang took a scalpel to a painting in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge - the varnish of which had yellowed and become unsightly - she first uncovered a baffling figure of man apparently standing in mid air, and then gradually revealed that he was standing on the great hillock of a beached whale that had been hidden for at least 150 years, possibly in the process of measuring it.

Until recently, the painting — "View of Scheveningen Sands," created by Hendrick van Anthonissen around 1641 — simply showed groups of people gathered on a beach in The Hague in the Netherlands. There was certainly nowhale when the painting came to the museum in 1873, bequeathed by Edward Kerrich, a clergyman, artist and collector. No one has traced any earlier reference to the whale or to the overpainting that sank it. Kuang can't date the extra layer of paint.
"View of Scheveningen Sands," by Hendrick van Anthonissen before & after restoration,
showing the newly revealed whale

The cleaning of the painting has now revealed that a beached whale provided the focus of the original composition. The whale explains the hitherto slightly baffling presence of groups of people on the beach, and atop the cliffs, on what appears to be a blustery winter’s day. With the Leviathan now back where the artist placed it, the scene makes perfect sense.


Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 317 August 2014 page 8

Pic Source:

Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 317 August 2014 page 8
16:28 | 0 komentar

The Haunted Lighthouse of Tévennec

The 'haunted' lighthouse of Tévennec is a tiny white building which perched on a small, jagged rock. It often surrounded by crashing waves, which makes visiting extremely difficult and can house at most two lighthouse keepers living in austere conditions—earning the lighthouses the nickname “hell” from sailors and lighthouse keepers. The lighthouse was first lit in 1875 and legend has it that the first guard to occupy the island, Henri Guezennec, went completely mad. There have subsequently been 23 guards, but no one has dared to live there since 1910. The lighthouses dotting the uninhabited islands along the waterway and the rocks around Tevennec are notorious for taking the lives of sailors and the ocean conditions are so fierce that the original house built on the landmass was destroyed three times.

Based on local legend, the first lighthouse keeper, Henri Guezennec, was driven insane by ghostly voices demanding he leave. After the same fate befell Guezennec’s replacement, the government reclassified Tévennec as a two-man lighthouse, but the additional keeper doesn’t appear to have ended the strange happenings.

According to Le Télégramme, crucifixes were embedded into rocks on the island in an 1893 attempt to exorcise it, and in 1897 the French government began recruiting married couples to keep the lighthouse, in the hopes that companionship would ease the loneliness experienced on the isolated isle. Louis and Marie-Jacquette Quéméré lived on the island with their three children, a cow, and no documented encounters with ghosts. The lighthouse was automated in 1910, and Tévennec remained uninhabited until June 2015, when Marc Pointud, the explorer, who founded the National Society for Heritage, Lighthouses and Beacons, set out on his ambitious plan to inhabit the island for 60 days.


Pic Source:
21:05 | 0 komentar

Khatt Shebib The Ancient Wall of Jordan

Khatt Shebib was first reported in 1948, by Sir Alec Kirkbride, a British diplomat in Jordan. While traveling by airplane in Jordan, he saw a "stone wall running, for no obvious purpose, across country. "Estimated to be roughly 1,900 years old, the structure has about 100 towers along its length, but the overall construct does not seem to have been built for defense, leaving archaeologists with a mystery of who built it and why.

Based on the pottery found to date, the wall is believed to have been built between the Nabataean period (312 B.C.–A.D. 106) and the Umayyad period (A.D. 661–750), which means it was likely constructed sometime within a 555-year window beginning in the second century common era. But just who might have built the wall is unknown, said David Kennedy, a professor at the University of Western Australia.

Along the Khatt Shebib, the archaeologists also found the remains of an estimated 100 so-called towers, measuring 2 to 4 meters in diameter. Some of the towers were constructed after the wall was built, the researchers said.

The purpose of the wall is also a mystery. Its low height and narrowness indicate that it wasn't constructed for defensive reasons, said Kennedy and Rebecca Banks, a research assistant at Oxford University, in a paper published recently in the journal Zeitschrift für Orient-Archäologie.

22:53 | 0 komentar

Carter Ghost Town

Carter was established in 1866 and once had a flour mill, cotton gin, blacksmith shop, school, and a church. It sits in a rural area off Highway 51 in Parker County. The old church still stands and, next to it, a covered meeting area perhaps used for picnics. A dirt road runs in front of the church, sectioning it from a grouping of trees that forms a canopied walkway. Where the walkway led is now anyone’s guess. The only proof that Carter, Texas, once a town of 80 residents, still exists is the old church building and the historical marker. Rumors of a little girl killed in an Indian raid and an old minister who still paces the church draw ghost enthusiasts from all over North Texas. Carter’s decline as a town began in 1907, though no history research reveals why. Many questions about the town remain unanswered.

Dotting the grounds are granite markers, not unlike gravestones, that describe historic events that happened here. One boasts the site of gun battle between two cattlemen in 1878, leaving one man dead. Another lists the names of “Seven Rugged Riders.” Some of the last skirmishes
between white men and the Comanche nation occurred here. Perhaps these seven lost their lives fighting for the land where Carter sits or maybe trying to recapture the little girl said to have been captured by the Comanche.

The voice of a little girl has been captured on tape as EVP. Michelle DePaul of Mystic Ghost took a photograph at Carter that contains three female faces close to the ground. Inside the church, if you sit quietly, you will start to hear footsteps evenly pacingthe floor from the front to the back of the building. Once, a man wearing a lowrimmed felt hat—Quaker style—was seen in the shadows of the church.
Photographs taken here have revealed bright orbs and unexplainable streaks of light. Video taken at Carter also reveals these streaks of light, darting hither and to, across the field. Investigators with Mystic Ghost have witnessed blue lights appearing in the brush, shadow figures moving amongst the trees, and even felt the heat rising over a spot that might have been an old fire pit directly across from the church. Psychic and Mystic Ghost investigator Wendy Gunderson felt she had contact with a stern man named Lily inside the church itself. Could Lily be the aforementioned dead cattleman?


Encyclopedia of Haunted Places : Ghostly Locales From Around The World compiled & edited by Jeff Belanger (written by Kira Connally - Paranormal Investigator, Mystic Ghost)

Pic Source:

Encyclopedia of Haunted Places : Ghostly Locales From Around The World compiled & edited by Jeff Belanger page 176
15:40 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget


Popular Posts